Gerrard’s Church located on Mary Street in Drogheda caters for civil wedding ceremonies.
Click below to see a virtual view of the inside of the church.
The Church Will Hold Up To 120 Guests
Send us an enquiry
Drogheda’s town walls were built in the 13th century, they encompassed the Carmelite monastery within them.
St Mary’s church was built in 1807 in the grounds of an ancient monastery founded for mendicant Carmelite friars prior to the Norman invasion. It was at the south east corner of the churchyard that Oliver Cromwell, based on the opposite side of the declavity known as The Dale, breached the wall with cannon fire and enabled his troops to enter Drogheda in September 1649. Part of the wall still stands at the rear of the churchyard. A fragment of the old monastery and several seventeenth century tomb slabs can be seen in the churchyard.